Sunday 3 January 2010

Day 3 - #26, #47 but no #35


So here is Chris making headway with #26 - checking the pressure on my tyres (it was bad!). We can be a bit neglectful with our cars so hopefully this list item will help us to get in really good habits, and hopefully make our cars last a bit longer and be a bit healthier. I'll be sending him off to sort his car soon too so we can cross that one off for this month. Still...at least I can put it in italics now because we have made a start.

Yesterday also gave us the chance to get going on #47 - visiting 5 different tourist attractions in the UK. We had a really nice day in Oxford (a tourist attraction in itself really) with my parents, my grandparents and my brother and went to the Ashmolean Museum. Chris had never even heard of it before and on the way there asked how far it was to the 'mausoleum' and then to the 'mammary museum'. I think that misconception might have led to him being a little disappointed when we got there! Nonetheless we had a good day and enjoyed visiting our first tourist attraction of the next 1001 days.

The only thing which didn't go quite to plan was the house we were meant to be viewing - the estate agent had forgotten to confirm the appointment with the owner and so we couldn't see it. Grr...I thought these people want to sell the house?! Anyway, we're going to try again later in the week. Not sure it'll be the one anyway as its major feature seemed to be a nice view of Sainsburys! We shall see.

Today is the last day of the holiday so I wonder how well we'll keep going with the tasks once we're back at school. Expect progress to slow...

No comments:

Post a Comment