Saturday 2 January 2010

Day 2 - #62, #85 and #86

More progress already.

Since it's my mum's birthday today, I realised we'll be making progress with #62 - sending birthday cards to all of our immediate family. I have to admit it's mostly Chris's family I was thinking about when I suggested adding this to the list as it's with Chris's brothers and their wives that it tends to slide, but I'm going to include this card as a start to it. Here's the photographic evidence (it will be hand delivered but I think that can still count as 'sent').


I've also started making progress on some of 'my' items on the list. First, #85 - the quilt. I love patchwork and about this time last year thought it would be a great way to use some precious fabrics / favourite items of clothing that I didn't want to just get rid of. Of course, being a complete novice, I didn't see any problems in starting with a king size quilt. Now I know better. 1 year on and I'm about half way through the patchwork - but more experience inbetween has taught me that it's the quilting that I'm going to find tricky. Anyway, slowly but surely and it will get finished, hopefully well before the 1001 days are up. I made another 3 squares yesterday afternoon (these pics were taken before I added the new 3). I'm already feeling pretty proud of it and can't wait to get it finished (though Chris keeps saying he thinks it'll look better on the spare bed than ours...not quite sure what he's trying to say!).



And #86 - I thought I'd get this one over with because I know I'm going to find it hard (Chris suggested it and I can see why - I tend to be a 3 or 4 times a day weigher and know it isn't really the best attitude) and also felt it might be a good, mentally healthy way to start the year. So, I weighed myself yesterday, no more until next Friday. Just as well probably considering how much I've indulged over the Christmas period!

Today we're off to see Mum and Dad and possibly have the chance to cross off some of #7 and/or #26, not sure what we're going to be doing yet. Then tonight I'm meeting some friends for a drink, some of whom I haven't seen for ages - might inspire us with #60. And we're still viewing this house later - might be just the one for us! We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment