Saturday 6 February 2010

Day 37 - more #39, #86 and #97

So, it's a new month, and we're still making progress with our weekly and monthy tasks. Today I made raspberry cheesecake brownie, so that's our new food for the month. It's a bit too much really, I'd probably either just make the cheesecake or just make the brownie next time. Also dread to think how many calories must be in a slice!

I've completed #86 - only weighing myself once a week for 5 weeks. Surprisingly, it wasn't actually that difficult, although I think my waistline has suffered because I haven't been able to 'see' the consequences of what I've been eating, and it works the other way too because I like to be able to check whether what I'm feeling about myself is true/reasonable. Chris suggested this one and I agree with him that I do normally weigh myself too much, but once a week isn't quite enough for me. I think going forward I'll try to limit myself to just 2 or 3 times a week. I am glad I've done this challenge, because it has been a good way to get myself out of a 4-5 time a day habit, which has got to be good.

And, we've also done #97, clearing Chris's overdraft. We always had the savings to cover it but hadn't paid it off because Chris thought it was interest free. When it turned out it actually hadn't been for around 8 months (not exactly his fault as it was meant to be, but then again he hadn't noticed that it wasn't!) we decided we'd better pay it off pronto. So, for the first time in around 7 years, Chris no longer has an overdraft. Now we only have mine to go (which is much, much smaller...*smug*...and also definitely is still interest free!). I'm not sure what photo we can take for this one...I guess maybe a picture of a bank statement with a positive balance!

I'm still going with HPAD (#84) although missed 4 days at the end of January due to being utterly snowed under with work. I'll tag them on to the end to make sure that I still have 365 photos at the end of the project. I'm really enjoying taking a picture a day - it's a challenge but also really nice to have a record of what my month has been like (as I'm using it mainly as a photo diary). Hopefully as the weather cheers up I'll be doing more interesting things as well!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're life sounds perfect. I reckon your Hubby must be pretty amazing - can I have him? You should definitely reward him for being so great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so perfect that he doesn't know the difference between you're and your!

    ReplyDelete